ABRSM Grade 6-8 Paper Based Music Theory Examination
TOP TEN TIPS
- Date of Examination: 27th August 2022 Saturday
- Time: 9:00am - 12:00 noon
- Venue: SMK Taman Connaught
- Arrive about 10 minutes before the exam is due to start so that you have a chance to get settled
- Make sure you have pens, pencils, a ruler, a rubber and a pencil sharpener
- Feel free to underline any of the exam paper which you feel is important.
- You will be given a blank piece of manuscript paper (for rough working). You can use this as you wish throughout the exam – some candidates find it useful to draw a keyboard as it may help with any interval questions
- Don’t feel that you have to work the paper question by question. Do the parts you know first and then go back to the more difficult bits – this may help with any exam nerves
- Keep an eye on the time so that you know how long you have left. If you have done some past papers you will have a good idea how long to allow yourself on each question
- Don’t worry if you make a mistake - you can rub or cross it out and write the correct answer next to it
- Try to be as neat as you can – your work needs to be of a legible standard so that the examiner understands what you intended.
- Don’t look around and worry about what everyone else is doing - concentrate on your own paper
- Check your work once you have completed the paper. You may leave the exam room any time after 40 minutes if you have finished, but make sure you have done everything as well as you can
ALL THE BEST TO ALL THE CANDIDATES
HAVE AN ENJOYABLE EXAM!